Boxrec updates their rating system
Not allot of people know that on an annual bases, Boxrec update their rankings systems and try work out stuff for the better. This is mainly due to the fact that when Boxers retire they need to feed their rankings back into the system and to give more opportunity to new boxers to gain points.
Here is the statement that the Boxrec ratings engineer released:
"A new rating release has been launched.
The new ratings considerably improve the ranking precision measured by the corrrect winner prediction of the bouts.
The error ratio of the old ratings bout winner predictions was 26 percent higher than the error ratio of the new ratings. Old 22.5 percent errors - new 17.9 percent errors.
This is another contribution to Boxrec ratings objectivity.
- new additional point procedure depending on
- opponent's connectedness to valid boxers
- pre-bout rank of opponent
- pre-bout rating ratio of opponent to boxer
- bug fixes within missing opponent quality and inactivity points reduction"